PDA

View Full Version : animating camera along path problem

Micah-H
03-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Hello I am using maya 2008 student version.

I am animating my camera along a path and am encountering a glitch I think. The camera will cycle right side up then upside down randomly? has anyone encountered this?

The program is also having a problem when I zoom very far out objects will get cut out by the gray abyss.

thanks

robbo59au
03-03-2010, 11:11 PM
To solve the problem of your camera flipping, you can do a number of things. The reason why its doing it is because it has no indication of what is "up". In the "Attach to Motion Path" option box, you can specify "world Up Type"; try "Scene Up". Also you can try creating your camera with an aim and an up locator (under Create/Cameras). Group all the nodes and attach it to your motion path; you can then constrain the up locator to a locator you animate along with the camera, which can be useful. Or, copy your path, translate it up aways, and attach the camera up locator to that - it should travel along with your camera, making it stay upright.

When you zoom the camera back a long way from you objects, they can seem to disappear; this is due to the camera's far clipping plane. This can be adjusted in the cameras attribute editor page.

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2010, 11:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.