PDA

View Full Version : Really long render times

arvindsond
03-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Hi all was wondering if anyone could help me with rendering in vue, as it's taking ages.
I have all the render custom settings open in the image below, so any help would be appreciated!
I left it rendering all day whilst I was at work and it got stuck at 2% (4 frames only) and it's the 2nd time it's stopped at 2%.....a bit strange, not sure whether the RAM keeps filling up or sumthing like that!

I have 4 'standard' terrain meshes (3 mountains and 1 grass) and a global ecosystem that has a forest in there with 3 different types of tree in it. A single frame takes around 30-45mins to render

Thanks

Arvind!

martaaay
03-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Things like depth of field and motion blur can kill your performance, and are often best done in post (for depth of field, output a depth matte, and for motion blur, output a velocity map).

What are your atmosphere settings? The lighting choice can often kill performance, and very often you don't need fancy shading on AO or GI.

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2010, 09:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.