PDA

View Full Version : character: alien creature

-cain-
09-03-2003, 01:42 PM
let me know what you think about the modeling. this is the start of this character. i know i have a long way to go, i just started this a couple of days ago. i wold really like some feedback. i am going to try to make this a portfolio piece. I will be putting the wireframe up in time. sorry for not having it now. 3d Studio Max

i ran into alittle prob with putting the eyeball into the sockets of the eye. when i put the sphere near the socket it comes through the mesh. i moved the mesh to flow with the sphere but it took away from the facial features. so my question is: is there a way to make an eyeball any other way? i want to have a lot of character with eye when i animate. if you have any suggestion please help. thanx. the pieces that are coming out of his knee and back are a bone that goes through the leg

http://www.stu.aii.edu/~mjv185/HEAD.JPG http://www.stu.aii.edu/~mjv185/BODY.JPG

mattregnier
09-03-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by stinkyIKsniffer
Sorry, but that's one ugly design. Modeling is pretty good, but the design is not.

You may want to elaborate on comments like this...

Anywho. I really do like the design, but it seems like you just started modeling and didn't do some sketching first. The design is a good idea it just needs a little tweaking. for the neck to be that crooked and set back I'm going to assume this characters standing position would be pretty hunched over. If that is the case then your going to want to add more detail to the spine and the ribcage area, you may even want to make the curvature of it more drastic. To me the shinbones of the character seem rather short, but with the points sticking out of the knees it makes me think that you're going to make him walk on his toes and his knees which would be very cool. You're going to want to post some artwork of what you think this creature looks like in a posed, stationery position and i think this would help a lot.

ALSO THIS IS THE FOCUSED CRITIQUE SECTION...wires/software PLEASE....

Dantes
09-08-2003, 03:34 AM
Try to SCALE the sphere (squash,nonU scale)to make the eye more alien fashion.

If it does not work try to build eye from spline cage (then it must listen you).

Eye is not sphere u can not SEE the back off the eye so cheat.

Fill the eye socketwith some mesh and then make it transparent with material.
Then inside you make sphere .Like its floating inside and you animate this eye

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.