PDA

View Full Version : Newbie rigging question

roontoon
03-02-2010, 12:05 PM
I have been working with rigging the model that I am working on and have gotten about half way done and now the joint tool no longer is working. I have somehow disabled it and am not sure what I have done. I am getting the small cross cursor but it looks somewhat transparent. I have middle clicked, double clicked single clicked, banged the keyboard in frustration, thrown my machine against the wall... I am going crazy I tell you trying to figure out what I have done. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

d

Darksuit
03-03-2010, 02:56 PM
I was thinking that this might have to do with what mode you were in. Heirarchy, Object or Component Mode. However I just went and checked and I could not seem to replicate not being able to add joints in any of the modes.

There might be something going on here, but without seeing anything like a screenshot of your interface or ??? it's just a guess. I know there are some hidden short cut keys like the "+++" on a Mac, and it might be something along these lines.

If you open a new scene are you still having the issue or is this just for the one scene.

roontoon
03-03-2010, 04:08 PM
I was thinking that this might have to do with what mode you were in. Heirarchy, Object or Component Mode. However I just went and checked and I could not seem to replicate not being able to add joints in any of the modes.

There might be something going on here, but without seeing anything like a screenshot of your interface or ??? it's just a guess. I know there are some hidden short cut keys like the "+++" on a Mac, and it might be something along these lines.

If you open a new scene are you still having the issue or is this just for the one scene.

Donno myself. Got it working again by deleting the Maya.env file in the preferences which is where the environment is saved on a Mac. Seems OK now.... but it still bugs me as I don't know for sure what the issue was. Thanks

d

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2010, 04:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.