PDA

View Full Version : Vectorial images in Nuke

ove
03-02-2010, 11:52 AM
hi!

I wonder if there is such a cool thing in nuke... heared that AE has it, Flame, my comp software, doesn't.

Thanks Alot
Ove

instinct-vfx
03-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Would you mind elaborating on what you mean by "vectorial images" ? Optical Flow ?

Regards,
Thorsten

ove
03-03-2010, 07:57 PM
No, Adobe Illustrator artworks, for example.
Thanks!

ChristopherP
03-03-2010, 11:17 PM
as far as i know, nothing exists yet that lets you deal with vector stuff like illustrator etc in nuke.

personally i think something like this also won't be added into nuke anytime soon...it's just not something that nuke is "cut out" for...which is of course visual effects compositing.

cheers
c.

thatoneguy
03-04-2010, 11:40 PM
It would be nice though. We get a lot of corporate logos in AI file and sometimes I'll do a back-end which requires a rasterize.

kag122
03-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Nope wouldn't be nice at all.

The worst thing the foundry can do is listen to requests like this one.

ove
03-05-2010, 10:30 PM
It was a question, not a request.

Why "it woldn't be nice at all" ?

Visual effects compositing means what it says, for me. It doesn't exclude vectorial images...

Ove

beaker
03-11-2010, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't mind having eps or ai support either. Whenever I work on commercials I am always getting some logo or other text that I need to texture map onto something that comes from the client/agency. Since I'm going to need to do multiple versions of it for different countries. It is way faster if I can do it rather then waiting for the designer to convert it all to a raster format since they never seem to have Illustrator or Photoshop on the Nuke boxes.

Nathan, the guy who does the NFX plugins had previously worked on an svg plugin but I don't think he ever finished it.

CGTalk Moderation
03-11-2010, 05:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.