PDA

View Full Version : Need help in binding skins please

supernido
03-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Hello everyone. I'm using Maya 2009 and this is my second day in rigging my character. After binding head to the root joint, I started moving the joints and there is very dark shadows even in front view. I think its not normal because I'm following the "Digital Tutors: Facial Rigging". This is my second time binding and this is the first time happened to me and its like baked shadows.

Please help. What should I do? Is their a way to turn off the shadows? I can't continue in rigging like this. I don't have any lights in the port view, I tried checking quality rendering and its default, also tried resetting my preferences. Thanks for any help you can give

derik
03-02-2010, 02:57 PM
I think the normals of your mesh might be locked
In the polygons module..
Goto Normals > Unlock Normals in the menu.
It will leave history on your mesh.
Try this http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=88&t=697010&highlight=updating (post 3)
To get rid of undesired history , or just export skin weights and just unlock the normals and delete history before you bind.

Hope it helps.
Cheers

supernido
03-03-2010, 02:30 AM
Hey Derik thank you very much it really worked I can't believe it my problem is solved now I can continue rigging woohoo! thanks again:applause::applause::applause:

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2010, 02:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.