PDA

View Full Version : Problem generating multiple 'clumps' of points (ICE)

dwigfor
03-02-2010, 05:38 AM
I'm having problems with generating multiple clusters of points. I think my problem may have something to do with Arrays or maybe with the particle number.

I modified the 3d point grid compound to only generate 2d coordiantes. When I add multiple copies of my compound into the ice tree, their positions get shifted. I have additionally modified that compound so it removes the center position, which I don't want. Mostly, I'm trying to generate scalar array which can be piped into formulas to draw new shapes (instead of just grid).

I'm thinking maybe it's a problem with how I modified the compound, I tried adding multiple copies of 3d point grid into the ice tree and each time, it shifts the positions over. How to fix that???

Maybe it's because the 3d point grid uses Get Point ID to figure out the positions? How to alleviate my problem, allowing me to generate multiple 'clumps' or points?

Thanks, Dave

xsisupport
03-02-2010, 09:45 AM
In the Generate 3D grid compound, insert another Modulo node after Point ID.

Set Modulo By to the number of points you are generating.

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2010, 09:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.