PDA

View Full Version : 2D Abstract: "Invention" (Wallpaper)

Hellwolve
09-03-2003, 10:46 AM
Well, this will be my first thread for something I've actually created...

Felt shy for the greatest part of the time I've posted here, but finally Photoshop 7 and I produced something I'm not afraid to share: an 1024X768 wallpaper.

So, without further ado, here we go:

http://www.modding-universe.com/hellwolve/wallpapers/invention_thumb.jpg (http://www.modding-universe.com/hellwolve/wallpapers/invention.jpg)

Although I consider it done, I'm sure someone will have something usefull to say :)

damnengineer
09-03-2003, 11:30 AM
it's hard to see what's happening in the background because of all the black lines you used, also I think it's quite busy for a wallpaper, and also a bit hars because of the contrast. The text looks nice although it's a bit big when having it fullscreen.

that's my 2 eypocents

Hellwolve
09-03-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by damnengineer
it's hard to see what's happening in the background because of all the black lines you used

Well, that's kinda what I tried to do. I tried to make it more as an backdrop that conveys the 'feeling' of technology, but I see your point. But I'll try reducing the opacity of the lines anyway.

also I think it's quite busy for a wallpaper

Heh, I don't agree. But with stuff like this, it's hard IMHO: should you go with what the public likes, or what you yourself like?

and also a bit hars because of the contrast.

I'll lessen the contrast, good point.

The text looks nice although it's a bit big when having it fullscreen.

I'll have a look how it looks with the text a bit smaller.

that's my 2 eypocents

And I thank you for it :thumbsup:

phoenix
09-10-2003, 09:03 PM
very nice

Hellwolve
09-11-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by phoenix
very nice

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.