PDA

View Full Version : Saving out negative coordinates?

MDuffy
03-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Greetings,

I was wondering if Nuke can save out images with negative coordinates. For example, in the EXR format, you can define a data window which is separate from the image window (viewport). So if you have an image (ex. 1000x600) that is wider than the viewport (800x600), you can specify that it starts at say pixel (-200, 0). That way when the extra wide image is loaded along with images that match the viewport exactly, the file format itself can specify how they line up in regard to one another.

I know the EXR format supports negative coordinates, and it seems that images that are in Nuke can have out-of-viewport pixels that are retained, but can Nuke read and write EXR images while taking this data window info into account?

Thanks!
Michael

ChristopherP
03-02-2010, 12:37 AM
writing a bigger data window definitely works as expected...tried that myself :)

and reading depends on where the data is coming from (which app). it works fine from PRMan and should work for other sources as well, as long as the data window is written correctly!

cheers
c.

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2010, 12:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.