PDA

View Full Version : ZBrush Hair texture

TBone2008
03-01-2010, 04:33 PM
I have a hair model created in Maya, and was added a texture for displacment using ZBrush.
the model is fairly low res but not too much.
I noticed that only when I raise the poly count a lot, the displacment is seen well in a render.
is there a way to show the details of texture without raising the poly count so much ?

gruhn
03-02-2010, 08:06 PM
I don't know anything about Maya, but...

In Max there is a way to do displacement that modifies the existing verts according to the displacement map. That way needs dense geometry.

There is also a Displacement channel in (some?) materials that the renderer takes care of all the subdivision for. I know Mental can do it. I think the Max scanline renderer just can't. If you are using Mental (or vray or maxwell or...), check your materials for a way to apply displacement through them. You may then also have to find a renderer specific option (under "renderer: Options" or something) that says to turn on displacement handling.

TBone2008
03-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Yes, Maya has that option. thanks..

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2010, 08:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.