PDA

View Full Version : fountain spurt

Ken Koala
09-03-2003, 04:38 AM
Hi Guys'n'Girls
A annoying particle question.
Iím emitting a load of particles from a small volume above a ground plane, which I have set as a collision object. Yes I am trying to complete a fountain spurt.
The trouble I am having is that throughout the animation some particles start below the ground plane. I find gaps created within the stream, as this should be constant/continuous thin water stream.
I have tried recreating and defining a new ground plane as well as changing the radius and emitter type of the particle.

Anyone have any ideas?

:beer:

galactor
09-03-2003, 09:50 AM
You can place the emmiter a little more above the groundplane and model an foutainpipe beneath it that doesn't collide with the particles.

:: Galactor ::

Ken Koala
09-03-2003, 10:50 PM
Yes I have tried that. The thing that looks strange is that the fountain starts higher than where the particles collide with the ground on the way down. I need the starting position to be the same as the bounce/collide position.

Regards
Ken
:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.