PDA

View Full Version : Hovercraft dynamics?

jFive
09-03-2003, 03:34 AM
I have a design for an armored hovercraft I am attempting to model and i was looking for some suggestions on making the skirts work. I am kind of at a loss as to how i should build the skirt itself whether i should build in one peice or many segments . I also need a general idea of what i should look at for the dynamics of the skirt. Basically the problem is i know how to make the model i just dont know how to rig it to work so any suggests would be appreciated.

Thanks
j5

Il post a pic as soon as i get it scanned

galactor
09-03-2003, 09:45 AM
You can also make the impression of the skirt being filled up with air. To do so you should model a full blown up skirt duplicate it and now modiffy the duplicate like it looks deflated. After that you can use BlendShapes to animate between the two pieces of geometry.

:: Galactor ::

jFive
09-03-2003, 02:02 PM
Ok That would work for the billowing of the skirt. But what about Surface interaction. Say over rough terrain. My experience is mostly focused on modeling and character rigging/animation i don't have to much experience with using the dynamics in maya.

:shrug:

Thanks

j5

galactor
09-03-2003, 04:05 PM
That would be accomplished with softbodies and springs, i don't have to much knowledge of them to, butt i can assure you it will be verry heavy to calculate.
Maybe creating a script with MEL is something that can create good results. But then you have to know MEL first.

:: Galactor ::

bigbad
09-08-2003, 12:38 AM
Hmm. Have you thought of using lattices. Then just key the deformation.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.