PDA

View Full Version : Camera Techniques in Maya

JaredTaylor
02-26-2010, 06:10 AM
Hi,

At school we've just been learning photography, and getting a feel for the shutter speed, aperture, etc.

I was wondering if there are any well known books out there that concentrate on maya's camera attributes, and how to setup your shots... I want to further my knowledge past what school taught me.

Cheers.

ndeboar
02-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Why do you feel that real photography and the maya camera are mutually exclusive

Using Mental Ray and Renderman as examples, both have control of lens focal length and depth of field.

Other camera/film effects like grain/chromatic aberration/lens flares/glare/lens distortion can all be done in comp.

JaredTaylor
02-26-2010, 08:18 PM
That's really not what I was asking or implying, sorry if my post was unclear. I'm looking for a well renown book on maya's camera attributes, will be using software renderer not MR/RM (got no choice). What I want is the technical knowledge of how to setup your shots in Maya. If that makes sense. Because we really didn't cover it very much.

beaker
02-28-2010, 02:03 AM
There really isn't enough settings in Maya's camera to justify an entire book. It is quite simple and is fairly well laid out in the online html manuals that come with Maya.

TheNeverman
03-01-2010, 12:48 AM
ditto...
your not going to find a book devoted 'only' to talking about Maya's camera setup...
check out the Maya Help by hitting 'F1' in Maya.

There really isn't enough settings in Maya's camera to justify an entire book. It is quite simple and is fairly well laid out in the online html manuals that come with Maya.

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2010, 12:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.