PDA

View Full Version : wildcard string to change path on read node etc?

ftaswin
02-25-2010, 06:14 AM
Hi all,

is there any easy way for me to change my newly updated passes by just changing A string on A node that feed through all my read nodes and update?

Pretty simple logic. I just dont know how to do it :P

Thank you.

Ft

kag122
02-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Hi Ferry,

Nuke already has this built in.

Select the read node.
Hold alt and press arrow up or down.

As long as your versions are all named the same it should work.

Halford
02-26-2010, 10:39 AM
You have multiple option.

1) you could open your nuke file with notepad and do a search-replace action.

2)you can set an environment variable with "setenv" in order to make a certain variable be associated with among other things, a path on your computer, then in nuke you use "getenv" in a read node something like this:

[envget MY_SHOT]/beauty/filename.jpg.

where MY_SHOT is a predefined environment variable (created with setenv) pointing to let's say:
"C:/projects/current/shot001"

Hal.

Kai01W
02-26-2010, 02:27 PM
you can also create a NoOp node give it a name like CG_control or something. and create some text input knob and reference it with:
[value CG_control.variable]
I think it makes sense to first "assemble" the path in your control (in maybe another text_input knob which you can hide and then just reference that and add the cg pass name in the read node instead of always have these massive strings in your read node path.
Another thing to consider is to wire the first and last frame to your global settings.

-k

ftaswin
03-01-2010, 05:57 AM
Hi Ferry,

Nuke already has this built in.

Select the read node.
Hold alt and press arrow up or down.

As long as your versions are all named the same it should work.

That's awesome!! Thanks for sharing...

If only there is a way to customize that because a lot of places (like ours) uses major and minor versions like "v01_03". At the moment I can only change the major versions.... Or is there another trick???

Ft

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2010, 05:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.