PDA

View Full Version : Cant find Vray Override Material

CJHornster
02-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi, I wanna render with Vray Override Material, but I cant found it in my Material library/browser - I have Vray Sp2 1,5 3ds max 2009

Andypandy7
02-25-2010, 10:07 AM
I take it you have done the following:

1.) Assigned vray as your renderer.

2.) Picked an empty slot in your mat editor -> new -> it should be under VrayMtlWrapper

Can you see the other vray materials? such as the standard VrayMTL?

If you have done all those and still can't see it I recommend posting over at chaosgroup forums or contacting chaosgroup.

Equinoxx
02-25-2010, 12:46 PM
depending on what you are trying to do it's fairly simple

the vray override material is just a standard vray material assigned to all objects so you can render them for instance in white without actually changing their material.

here's what you do.

Open the render dialog, go to the vraytab, open the global switches rollout.
There on the rightside you can see 'Override mtl' turn it on, then choose a VrayMtl
with the button next to the checkbox.

Drag the material to the material editor as instance, then change it's properties.

render.

CJHornster
02-25-2010, 07:18 PM
depending on what you are trying to do it's fairly simple

the vray override material is just a standard vray material assigned to all objects so you can render them for instance in white without actually changing their material.

here's what you do.

Open the render dialog, go to the vraytab, open the global switches rollout.
There on the rightside you can see 'Override mtl' turn it on, then choose a VrayMtl
with the button next to the checkbox.

Drag the material to the material editor as instance, then change it's properties.

render.

No I still have a problem, I even cant find it anywhere in mat browser, but I have VRAY Mat

joostingh
02-26-2010, 11:47 AM
No I still have a problem, I even cant find it anywhere in mat browser, but I have VRAY Mat

The override material is a normal material at your MB. But you can use that material to override every material in the scene.

Press F10 presse on the tab "Renderer".

Find:
http://www.vrayelite.com/Interface_Vray_Global_Switches.jpg

And put Override mtl on and put a material from your material browser at the spot called None. There you are!

CJHornster
02-26-2010, 02:48 PM
The override material is a normal material at your MB. But you can use that material to override every material in the scene.

Press F10 presse on the tab "Renderer".

Find:
http://www.vrayelite.com/Interface_Vray_Global_Switches.jpg

And put Override mtl on and put a material from your material browser at the spot called None. There you are!

I know this, but I need it for floor/wall like in this case - http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150SP1/examples_vray_overridemtl.htm

darmosantoso
02-26-2010, 05:29 PM
maybe it will help

CJHornster
02-26-2010, 06:49 PM
maybe it will help
no it doesnt help bc I havent there VrayOverride¨Mat I have just Vray and VrayWTLWrapper

Equinoxx
02-26-2010, 10:35 PM
might be time to contact ChaosGroup about this then ...

or reinstall Vray ... tried that yet ?

pokoy
02-27-2010, 10:48 AM
I have the same problem here (Vray1.5 SP4a, 64bit) and while the material hasn't been visible two days ago it was there yesterday - weird.

plastic
02-27-2010, 11:06 AM
If VRay isn't assigned as the current renderer, the Override Material will be invisble in the list, unless the "Show Incompatible" checkbox is enabled.

In case of SP2 problems, I'd suggest to look elsewhere for bad-crack solutions.

pokoy
02-27-2010, 01:14 PM
If VRay isn't assigned as the current renderer, the Override Material will be invisble in the list, unless the "Show Incompatible" checkbox is enabled.

This might be the case, I just had a quick look at the material list without having a vray related scene opened in max.

In case of SP2 problems, I'd suggest to look elsewhere for bad-crack solutions.

...and post question in the vray forums if all fails :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2010, 01:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.