PDA

View Full Version : Limiting joint rotation that has IK on it.

sean3dmonkey
02-24-2010, 10:28 PM
I have multiple bones in an IK chain, and I want to limit the rotation on them; I don't want certain joints to rotate. How would I go about doing this? Is there an option box in the attribute editor that would allow me to limit the rotation?

Sean

Darksuit
02-24-2010, 10:46 PM
yes.

=)

in the attribute box (ctrl+a) on the tab that has the bone name, scroll down to limitations>Rotations (it's the default). There you can set the min and max rotation per bone. If one was looking in the script window and watching the MEL script that is generated when you do this action you could certainly speed up the process this way.

transformLimits -rx -45 45 -erx 1 1 joint2;

Remi
02-24-2010, 10:50 PM
hahahah...DS you're answers are getting shorter and shorter:) I like it though, to the point.

sean3dmonkey
02-26-2010, 02:52 AM
Awesome! Thanks Fellas.

Sean

Darksuit
02-26-2010, 03:04 PM
I have a bit of work on my plate at the moment. Just trying to answer some questions, just don't want to ignore the community. The more we as a community help people out the stronger the base will be. I am hoping to be just as active with the Newtek:Core community for rigging as well at somepoint when I can talk about it.

CGTalk Moderation
02-26-2010, 03:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.