PDA

View Full Version : Material Problem?

Zom-B
02-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Hello,

I hope someone can help me out. I have a very large mountain scene that was imported into Vue. I have a couple of animated Cameras I have synced up from Max. Everything seems to be lined up correctly except when I apply a mixed material (in Vue) it is very spotty and seems out of scale. I can adjust the materials scale but it does not seem to follow the environmental influence when I do. I am using Vue 8 Infinite PLE, testing it out before we drop the cash. Thanks for your help.

bruno021
02-26-2010, 09:59 AM
It really looks like a material scale issue, and material scale has nothing to do with environment rules for the material (well, in theory anyway, lol!) What I would do is change material scale, and then in the material editor, in the drop down layer list, paint the material a bright solid coulour and see if the environment rules are still applied.
It could also be an alpha function issue, but I doubt it. Go to the color and alpha tab of the material editor, and right click the alpha preview sphere. IF there is anything connected to the alpha output, delete it and check the material again.

CGTalk Moderation
02-26-2010, 09:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.