PDA

View Full Version : Attn Rigging Gurus: Additive blend shapes?

Dreppan
02-24-2010, 07:55 PM
I have a head with various blendshapes for both phonemes and expressions. It is a thin head, and works great.

Is there a way to make a separate blendshape to form the head into a new kind of differently shaped-head character (Ex: fatter person), and yet still use all the existing phoneme and expression blendshapes?

Thanks --

Darksuit
02-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Sure =)

But you want a longer answer than that though. =)

Most of the blends I have been doing lately due to game engine requirements, require e to do all my blends in one group (in example: I do all the blends at the same time). One of the results of this is that my blends play rally well with each other. Though there is no reason why you should not be able to add in a blend for a larger or smaller body, you may however need to adjust the inputs for the body blend so that will take place before the facial blend.

mlager8
02-26-2010, 11:52 PM
I do this all the time amd like darksuit said having all my shapes in one blend makes things easier, not for me because of game engine requirements but because or parallel blending issues. I don't no if this is anylonger a problem in 2010 but there is a huge glitch in Maya with parallel blendshapes that don't let you move them up in the input list which means the character can not go out of it's tpose without the parallel shapes improperly deforming. Anyway back to the original point you can sculpt a fatter blend and add it to your blendshapes but you will most likely need a few corrective blendshapes to bring things like closed lips back to their proper location after the new blend is turned on.

CGTalk Moderation
02-26-2010, 11:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.