PDA

View Full Version : particle problem, need help! Blender 2.5

perrasos
02-24-2010, 10:33 AM
I am new to blender and im using blender 2.5.

Im working with a particle system and i want the particle size to be depending on the age of the particle. In other words i want the particle size to be related to the lifetime of the particle.

I cant just keyframe the size attribute because that controlls the size of all he particles in the particle system, and all of them gets the same size.

In other 3d applications its common to use a gradient (blend) to controll the size of the particle during its lifetime, is there something similar in blender 2.5.

I have been looking for days now to find a way to do this, with no success, pleaase help me!!

toontje
02-24-2010, 12:31 PM
I don't know if it would really work because I'm getting used to 2.5 myself, but since everything is animatable , you could let the age of the particle drive the particle size. Is the particle age already animatable? Otherwise you should add it to a keying set. I'm no expert in this so maybe somebody at blenderartist can give you a correct answer?

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2010, 12:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.