PDA

View Full Version : Local Symetry problem

stoneyboy
02-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Ohoy. New user to Zbrush (3.5R3) and I'm having problems with the local symetry, which does not work when I activate it or even show up when I hover over my tool for that matter. I exported a simple mesh form max as obj with a zbrush preset and imported it, but local symetry does not work. Am I exporting or forgetting something when exporting ? Is there any way to reset/set pivot and symetry plane in Zbrush ?

Thanks

tin-tin
02-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Make sure symmetry is on in the transform pallete, if your model is centered in max, you won't need local symmetry, if its not then activate it.

CKPinson
02-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Is your model perfectly symmetrical and centered? If not then you can try to set the pivot point by clicking it twice and see if that works, but If your obj isn't symmetrical then it won't work plus you won't see the floating curser for the other symmetry because it's in space and not on the obj- you can try to use SMART symmetry in Deformations to see if that fixes it- I've wrestled with this problem with a Preposed sculpt and SMART Sym seemed to fix it but I did get close with setting pivot point by screening out the area I was working on. Also, if your OBJ can't be found in the work area then just hit F to bring it into focus because sometimes setting the pivot point relocates your obj- and check the preview window to see how centered it is.

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2010, 02:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.