PDA

View Full Version : mental and animation

spheratu
09-02-2003, 11:04 AM
Hi people,I've been reading tons and tons of material about rendering with mental ray and final gather,things like measuring the scene for setting the max and min radius,changing the bsp settings depending the amount of geometry........
that's ok,and more or less,you can have a good render of your model...but.....everything goes crazy when batch rendering......
let me explain,the max and min radius always produce flickering shadows,ALWAYS!,unless those settings are something like 0,08 or even less.A final gather setting less than 500 is useless,even though for a single frame it can work, and for the bsp setting...well,I have to confess that I'm completly lost.
So,my dear friends,May I ask you good settings for batch rendering decently an animation? I'm not talking about matrix reloaded and a hundred agents running to camera,I'm talking about a normal character inside a normal room in a half million polygon scene.
And by the way, more bad news,if theres no other way to reduce shadow flickering than reducing the min and max radius and of course activating the gauss filters,the jitter and everything,Get ready to wait about a million years to see your render finished!!!
IS IT MY PROBLEM? MAYA PROBLEM? MENTAL RAY PROBLEM?
OR SIMPLY RADIOSITY PROBLEM?
thanks,and three hurrahs for traditional maya render!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.