PDA

View Full Version : Adding Edgeloops

musashidan
02-22-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm using 3.5R3 and it crashes every time i attempt to reimport an altered mesh via the 'your mesh has changed' popup. Basically i'm trying to add a few edge loops to a nearly finished sculpt in 3dsMax and reimport the altered mesh.
My steps:

Export lowest level to Max
Add required edgeloops.
Reimport new topo directly to the lowest level of sculpt in ZB
'your mesh has changed...' popup> click yes.
Progress bar works through to the end and completes the operation.
5 second hangtime
ZB crashes every time.

Is there a simple way to add edgeloops to a mesh without the whole Zsphere rigging/reprojection route. I basically want to add 2 edgeloops where the topo got stretched to give me better distribution. 'Equalise surface area' won't do as i require extra geo.

EDIT : sorry forgot all about subdividing locally(coming from Mudbox) it works for what i'm doing but it still dosn't resolve the original problem of crashing.
cheers.

Nathan
02-22-2010, 03:24 PM
rather than letting zbrush try to do it automatically, why not just import the mesh and append it as a subtool and do projectall?

you'll have more control over the reprojection as well in case there are any trouble areas.

musashidan
02-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks, but i was hoping for an alternative than any of the reprojection methods. The reimport function seems to be buggy as it's crashed every time. Hopefully ZB4 will resolve some of these bugs. The reprojection methods can work great sometimes, but at others there's too much cleanup.

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2010, 03:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.