PDA

View Full Version : Creative Rigging: Lumiere

jordanimation
02-20-2010, 07:40 PM
So I pose a question to you, how might one rig Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast? Many things need to be put into consideration, here's just a few.

1) His arms are tubes, but can also become elbows, and sometimes can also create shoulders.
2) His flames would be seperate objects, but they need a certain deformer to make them flicker. They also need to always be pointing up.

and most importantly....

3) The way he walks, his base bounces, stretches, and deforms to a million positions. Below are some examples. He can sort of waddle walk, but he also has a jump full of stretch and squash.

So what ideas can you come up with?

EDIT: I just realized those images may be copyright infringment. But if you don't know who Lumiere is, here's a noncopyright photo of him.

http://disney-clipart.com/Beauty-Beast/characters/Lumiere.jpg

JessR
03-02-2010, 09:02 AM
for the limbs...i'd say ribbons are your best bet, if you add extra controls to the ribbon rather than the ends and middle, you can adjust to get pinches like an elbow.

for the base...wire deformers all the way... you can layer the controls so you can move everything at once for full base bouncing, but still deform the heck out of everything

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2010, 09:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.