PDA

View Full Version : Evaluate a script on max startup !!

Martin Andersen
09-01-2003, 11:53 PM
I have a script that only works when it have been evaluated... is there somehow that I allways can evaluate a script eatch time 3dsmax starts ?

magicm
09-02-2003, 02:28 AM
Yes, you should put the script in one of these folders:

\scripts\startup
\stdplugs\stdscripts

Martijn

Bobo
09-04-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Martin Andersen
I have a script that only works when it have been evaluated... is there somehow that I allways can evaluate a script eatch time 3dsmax starts ?

Theoretically, you can place a script in any directory listed in your plug-ins path in addition to the two paths metioned in this thread.
Even more, any scripts located in SUB-DIRECTORIES of plug-in paths will also be evaluated automatically on start-up. Note that regular plug-ins will not be loaded if located in sub-directories.

There is a special topic "Startup Scripts" (search Index for "auto start MAXScript") in the MAXScript Online Help describing the auto-loading of scripts and the order directories are processed. There are certain rules to follow, for example you should place files containing global functions in /stdplugs/stdscripts in order to get them evaluated before other scripts (like .mcr under ui/macroscripts) can use these functions.

Hope this helps.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.