PDA

View Full Version : Paint Stroke+Glow...how?

cornbreadandham
09-01-2003, 08:13 PM
Hello, I'm another LW/DFX Upgrade rookie...I'm going through the tutorials and I'm trying to make an individual paint stroke glow, any help would be awesome! Thanks.

SalaTar
09-02-2003, 01:40 AM
www.salatar.com/flows/paint.flw

like this?
or you just trying to attach a glow to a paint mask?

cornbreadandham
09-02-2003, 02:48 AM
Hey, thanks for the help, and that way is probably the easier method than what i was trying to do. I was trying to get only 1 of the strokes to glow out of the bunch that were made. But I guess its easier to just set up another node for those strokes I want to have a glow for. Thanks for the help and flow example!!!

SalaTar
09-02-2003, 04:46 AM
glad it worked for ya :applause:

www.salatar.com/flows/paint2.flw

prolly an easier way

cornbreadandham
09-02-2003, 05:27 AM
Thanks again! Now I want to pick your brain a little more. How do I turn a stroke into a polyline. I followed the tutorials in the courseware, and I must be doing something wrong, because I can't figure it out. And question #2, I bought the extra modules and everything installed fine, however I'm missing the buttons for them in the toolbar. Do you know how to add them? They work fine from the drop-down menu otherwise. Once again thanks alot!

SalaTar
09-02-2003, 12:39 PM
#1 the paint stroke you need to modify ? look on modifiers tab under stroke controls ...make editable
#2 right click on toolbar just drag them to the place you want em :surprised
http://www.eyeonline.com/products/digital_fusion/screenshots/df_fullscreen.jpg eyeon screenshot for placement
Control b <bins> is much easier than tool bars if your dual screen.
The df interface can be modded to almost any way you like it

cornbreadandham
09-02-2003, 09:16 PM
Well it turns out that the Make Editable function for paint strokes doesn't work in DFX+ and will be fixed in the next update according to the tech support at Eyeon. Thanks for your help Salatar, I'm sure I'll be asking more questions as time goes on.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.