PDA

View Full Version : Atlas UV in 3dsMax ??

clifford
05-21-2002, 04:52 PM
Hi all maxers,

I was wondering if a plug exists that does the same as the atlas uv mapping in Lightwave ie. makes a planar uv mapping of the whole scene ... dunno if Texporter can do that ?!

Can somebody help me ?? thanx :D

I already asked this question in the 3dsmax forum but nobody
wants (or knows Uuuuh) to answer ...

Marcel
05-21-2002, 10:14 PM
I don't know if there is a Atlas UV function as you describe, but it is possible to render a cubic reflection map.

Add a reflect/refract map to you material, turn on 'from file', and push the 'To file' square all the way at the bottom.
After you have set the filename, use 'Pick object and Render Maps' button to pick an object to use as center of the render.

Now Max will render 6 images: up, down, left, right, front and back, for use as cubic reflection maps (very fast, and they can be blurred without affecting render time).

I think it's possible to use it as a enviroment map, I don't know for sure.

Hope it helps,

Marcel Vijfwinkel

Flinch
05-21-2002, 10:40 PM
hmm... this is an answer, marcel. but i think not to that question.

i don't know exactly how this atlas mapping works, but there are several unwrapping tools available for max like texporter or chiliskinner.
maybe you check

www.scriptspot.com

and

www.maxplugins.de

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.