PDA

View Full Version : Vue Xstream and Maya 3d intergration Flower paint effects

Elton76
02-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Hi,
There any help because i can't solve this problem in vue xstream 8 inside maya 3d 2010:
I build a cinematic shot maya 3d with paint effects flower with camera going through them. All flowers are animated and opening throught time with close up camera. To make the scene more beauty and realistic I created a vue scene intergrated inside the maya scene , interacted flowers paint effect of maya with echology system of vue , grass and flowers. because in maya is not possible te generate a huge field of flowers and grass, and vue it gives this possibility with trilion of polygons proxy.
I tried to render with through multipass render on vue and black hole on layers in maya for flowers and i compoze in after effects. I got good result accept one thing :
Alpha map of leaves on flower paint effects of maya create on edges a whiteness , that mean is conflicting with alpha of ground of vue scene, and is taking the color from ground alpha of vue.

I went throught option render setting in maya and on vue, even a tried a simple plan alpha of maya upper of a infinite plan of vue, and is the same thing.

I made a lot searching in net on forums and I found that :
(Exclude ground from Alpha map option ) that is option only inside Vue render engine palettes and is not possible to render option inside maya 3d vue xstream engine.
I think maybe is about this term.

Any idea why happend this and how can solve that problem, i dont want to use trick because maybe can be solve , just i want to understand why happend this through alpha map of plan maya and infinite plan or ground vue xstream.

waiting for help,

InfernalDarkness
02-20-2010, 04:49 AM
First, I think you've got some misconceptions about Maya. If you're already animating and rendering in Maya, you don't really need Vue to begin with. Although it does have some cool features, the Xstream plugin for Maya is flawed from the inside out, and horrible.

To make the scene more beauty and realistic I created a vue scene intergrated inside the maya scene , interacted flowers paint effect of maya with echology system of vue , grass and flowers. because in maya is not possible te generate a huge field of flowers and grass, and vue it gives this possibility with trilion of polygons proxy.

Maya is quite capable of rendering huge fields of flowers and grass. Just use instancing or binary_proxy. Check out the Forests in mental ray thread (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=87&t=804892&page=1&pp=15), it really seems like you've not seen it. Maya is more capable of instancing than Vue is, but it will take a bit more practice to set up. But the obvious render enhancements of mental ray make Vue look like... Well, you know how Vue renders look.

Note Syna's grass (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=6336751&postcount=385), which renders in 1 minute. Also, Visua's grass (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=6333773&postcount=366), which is about as realistic as the grass outside my window:

http://www.nicz.net/grasstest2.jpg

I'm linking you to other people's work so it won't seem like I'm tooting my own horn...

Anyway, to answer your question more directly, I need some clarification on this statement:

Any idea why happend this and how can solve that problem, i dont want to use trick because maybe can be solve , just i want to understand why happend this through alpha map of plan maya and infinite plan or ground vue xstream.

What is "plan maya" and "infinite plan", and "ground vue xstream"?

Could you post a render of your issue? Sounds like Xstream isn't reading your alpha cutout opacity properly... Or are you saying that Infinite isn't reading your alpha cutout opacity?

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2010, 04:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.