PDA

View Full Version : Vue8 Antialiasing problem

adomolis
02-18-2010, 08:17 AM
Hello,

Something goes wrong with my scene antialiasing while rendering in animation mode. While rendering a simple still image, everything looks just fine (right image), but if I render in animation mode in the EXACT same settings (even tried deflicker antialiasing on and off and post effects off but nothing changed) the scene becomes without antialiasing in some sharp edges. Though while rendering it show everything to be ok and full with AA, after the image is rendered it turn AA off. Any ideas how to fix this?

http://www.part.lt/perziura/650798493558c52994ce942d7e28629a392.jpg

electricphoto
03-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Try this to check the problem... I saw the same thing.

In your animation render panel (the camera by the time line) click advanced Animation Options. Then uncheck Multi-Frame anti-aliasing. Then render a frame or two and see if it disappears.

I have had no luck getting a decent animation render and was disgusted with the image quality on animations so I did a number of test renders turning on one thing at a time. I think that is the culprit.

It appears to me that Vue has serious problems on animation that they try to cover up with various render tricks. Errors that are not noticeable in stills start showing up as flicker in animations - they do strange stuff to cover up the errors.

I spent an afternoon running antialiasing tests with a checkerboard pattern that goes to the horizon. Very ugly when things get small and that small stuff starts aliasing during animation.

Good luck.

CGTalk Moderation
03-11-2010, 10:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.