PDA

View Full Version : After Effects error: RLA: unexpected end of file.(69::9)

anew3rd
02-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Just try to understand this better. Looked around on the internet and haven't come across anything helpful. I have several images in RFP sequence. It didn't flag this error when I loaded it up. I just got it scrolling through animated the DOF.

Does this have to do anything with the memory in the machine and how much is running for this application.

Is it possible that Max made a mistake when rendering these files?

The other files that I got seem to be working fine

Iaenic
02-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Sometimes I get a similar error message when working with .tif sequences. My fix is usually to delete the effected frames and render them again. Finding which frames are effected can be tricky sometimes. If I get lucky, they end up being the ones with 0 filesize.

anew3rd
02-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Yea that what i was thinking about trying next. Simplest thing with out spending an arm and a leg trying different solutions

Mylenium
02-18-2010, 05:12 AM
Is it possible that Max made a mistake when rendering these files

Unlikely. But you may have a file I/O problem, you know. Damaged files occur due to insufficient disk speed, flakey RAID setups and all that... Rendering to a different format might not change anything. You really should investigate this and do the usual of removing grabage files with CCleaner, defragging and so on...

Mylenium

anew3rd
02-18-2010, 07:50 PM
The only thing that I came back with this is that some frames dropped from the transfer from the server to my machine. I not sure how this is possible. But when I went back in search of the frames that i was missing they where in the original folder from which I grabbed them the first time.

This fixed my problem once I got the good frames back into the time line.

Mylenium
02-19-2010, 05:16 AM
Most likely network collisions/ timeouts/ delays.... Could be a bazillion issues from the router being simply too weak to certain security settings on the routers/ switches or the server itself.

Mylenium

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2010, 05:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.