PDA

View Full Version : Character: Female!

Joel_Longie
09-01-2003, 02:08 AM
My first female illustration, sort of rough, but done at this point.

http://joellongie.anazoa.com/weblog_media/030830/girl_web2.jpg

KrotArt
09-01-2003, 02:25 AM
nice

Joel_Longie
09-01-2003, 02:31 AM
Thanks so much Krot_art, Very much appreciated! And congrats on the front page :)

StealthPharaoh
09-01-2003, 03:03 AM
nice work..but her eyebrows needs little tweaking because it can change her mood..
they look like just thin hair lines drawn and don't really follow the eyebrow shape..
actually if u hide her eybrow with one hand and look at it,it looks like she have a little smile..so i think the eybrows curves too much and is a bit extreme..but it's a little fix..
well,hope that makes sense..:)

Joel_Longie
09-01-2003, 03:14 AM
Thanks Stealth Pharaoh,

It make sense. I was trying to get sort of an ambiguous feeling from her expression with sort of realistic/Anime feeling. Now that you mention it, I agree. Thanks, maybe I will redraw them!

illustr8rX
09-01-2003, 03:30 AM
Joel! long time no see! I like her face very much, I see what you are going for with the realistic/anime look and you're very close. If you keep working on the eyebrow-browridge area I think you'll solve it. Can't wait to see more! -don

StealthPharaoh
09-01-2003, 03:34 AM
well..i don't think it sucks..
we all do mistakes and learn from them..so don't really worry about it..

just one little more thing..thought to share it..

i think u're trying to make her a bit sad..in this case the lips also shouldn't curve upwards..
the more happy a person the more their lips will curve up..and the more sad they are the more it will curve downwards..
but usually it's just slighly curved in the case of a sad emotion..

well..i know it's not very important..but usually little changes in the face features can make big changes in the final picture..

well,hope to see more work form u..keep it up..:)

Joel_Longie
09-01-2003, 03:37 AM
Hi Don!!!!!

Thanks soooo much! I really appreciate your comments, as one of my favorite artist I will relook the eyebrow-browridge area, seems to be a consensus! You guys are great.

Nice to hear from you again Don, keep in touch!

Joel_Longie
09-01-2003, 03:46 AM
thanks again for everyones input.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.