PDA

View Full Version : Fixing the blends

EYEINVISION
02-13-2010, 11:45 PM
I'm using Max 2010 and mental ray with arch&design materials. I wont get too much further with the set up until needed. I am having a huge problem, whats worse is I don't know how to define it. Perhaps if I knew what the problem is called I would be able to fix it on my own or by my own research. So sorry if this is posted in the wrong place or if it's already posted somewhere else. OK so the best way to describe the problem is the picture below this is a part of a wall and if you look close you can see that the fade from light to dark is separated by blotching of some sort. So if anyone knows what this problem is called by term or if they know how to fix this. It would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

scrimski
02-14-2010, 01:04 AM
Could be anything. Looks a bit like banding due to a bit depth problem. You will probably get more specific replies with posting your render, material and light settings, in the 3ds max forum perhaps, not in the compsoting forum.

EYEINVISION
02-14-2010, 02:48 AM
thanks ill take the advice

CGTalk Moderation
02-14-2010, 02:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.