PDA

View Full Version : FXWars! NUKE!: Aikiman, Freeform

Aikiman
02-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Ill see if I can get something finished on time, not sure if I have a chance with Vik making an appearance but its all good fun. Good luck.

viki164
02-13-2010, 11:43 AM
hey buddy!
believe Me I am not here to win or loose anything on this challenge.
Honestly, I am just trying to pull something best from Maya Fluids & create a Master Piece.
thats only my goal!
Even I too wana get myself advanced in creating a better & realistic explosions with all other guys here.
Let me know how Would I be of any help!
thanks much & Good luck
Vik

ruchitinfushion
02-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Ok Bro Here we have to cook some nice dish,Hope u will serve best output.Best of Luck

viki164
02-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Apologize Aikiman for interrupting ur thread here!
@ ruchitinfushion : Hey buddy
the word junk is very offensive. We got to respect other folks & other tools coz we all are artisit & learner, not a war head so I request you to edit ur post & make others feel good :). just a suggestion & I know u`ll do it. jsut be little more welcoming & see how much help u`ll get from other non-maya folks.
Best,
Vik

Aikiman
02-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Better than using "shit" ;)

Aikiman
02-15-2010, 02:06 AM
[EDIT] Heres a quick update,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxWk1CW4MU8

Im not happy with the amount of heat I am generating so Ill drop that down a little while maintaining my fuel emission. Next will be the ground debris which means my container size will end up around 350x400x350 at final render time.

I may hardware render this too.

StevieMac
02-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Hey Aikiman great start fella! Looking forward to the final result.

Aikiman
02-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks man.

I tried nCaching my final render size but my maching keeps on crashing so I guess Im gunna have to reduce the resolution. Currently its at 300x500x300 so Im going to halve that and perhaps do the ground blast as a separate sim then comp it in later.

Still need to work on mushroom, I might need to ask Vik for some quick tips :)

Aikiman
02-15-2010, 10:41 PM
Plan is to now expand the scale of the container but reduce the resolution, if need to be I will use texture resolution to beef up the detail but as it is I may not need it.

Aikiman
02-16-2010, 06:39 AM
Plan failed...kinda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l-AIIPw84E

Im running out of RAM (4GB) and processor burning up and my explosion just wants to get bigger and bigger.

ragupasta
02-16-2010, 09:11 AM
Sorry to hear that man. There has to be a workaround somehow. Can you not reduce the voxel detail, then try writing out to disc again. If you can manage it, that will save you precious ram. Im not sure what to suggest to be honest. I use Maya to model in, never used Maya fluids. :(

Katachi
02-16-2010, 12:58 PM
I think the colors of the explosions are quite lovely already. I also like the formation but itīs tooo fast. :) And yes, RAM is always an issue for Fluid simulations. I guess 8 GB is really recommended (of course on 64-bit), though even my 10GB are kind of freaking me out currently.

But thatīs a good route you go there.

Aikiman
02-17-2010, 09:34 PM
looks like this project is over, Vik and I are joining forces due to busy time schedules so we'll create a new thread soon to keep yous updated.

stooch
02-18-2010, 05:23 AM
I really liked your sims, they looked a little small scale though :)

I know why, i spent alot of time trying to make fluids do the shapes that i see on youtube but if you want something SPECIFIC, it seems that fluids are like realflow, you gotta coax the hell out of them :)

hopefully the two of you succeed where i have failed.
best of luck, im keeping an eye out for you guys.

efecto
02-19-2010, 05:19 AM
It looks nice Jeremy. Though i too thought that the sim was a bit fast for a mushroom explosion. good stuff.

Aikiman
02-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Hi Daisuke,

Nice to see you back, I agree with you, the sim is too fast. Hopefully we can pull out something decent with my partner Vik. Stay tuned.

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2010, 10:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.