PDA

View Full Version : February Animation Challenge

Splinter
02-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Action

Hi everyone, I know if your like myself you have been anxiously waiting to start up a new challenge. Well there's love in the air and its telling us that it's time to begin. This month we are doing things a little different since we missed out on so much time already. For the month of February we will be taking from a small list of actions and try to complete at least 3 of the 6 listed.

The List:

Action

sneak
skip
cartwheel
Emotions (takes/quick changes in emotion)

love
horror
big surprise

I would like to make things a little more personal to each animator who devotes their time to stand up to the challenge. When posting your WIP animations lets start creating our own personal “Work In Progress” threads. That way anyone can subscribe to a thread and keep up with their favorite animator. If you update then it won’t be lost in a sea of posts. Also, if someone sees your WIP and has some helpful advice than you will be notified of any posts made to your thread as well. (Title your Thread/ Anim_Challenge:New Years_YourName)

The Rules Are:

Make all the WIPS in Playblast form, then if you choose you can create your final piece in a more robust renderer (NOT necessary, you can still post the final with a playblast).
No Time Limit. You could make your animation as long as you want, just be aware of the dead-line.
All participants must show there work-in-progress before posting the final.
As always, HAVE FUN!!! :buttrock:

MrMike
02-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Alright so I want to make sure I get this.

Do we do all the animation actions separate

Or do we pick 3 of them and do them all in one animation

Thanks

Splinter
02-14-2010, 12:31 AM
What your gonna want to do is make the actions separate, but compile them all on to one clip so that it is easier for everyone to view your submission.

MrMike
02-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Alright sounds good, Thanks Splinter

Splinter
02-14-2010, 06:40 PM
No problem... Good luck this month!!!

ankheilw
02-15-2010, 02:37 AM
Great idea Splinter!

One thing to note. On the "title your thread" comment, you put in the Challenge name from last month.

I think everyone will probably figure it out, I just wanted to make you aware. Looking forward to the comp.!

Splinter
02-15-2010, 04:56 PM
ankheilw- Your right I didn't even notice that, Lol Sorry about that everyone.

ArrantSquid
02-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Been waiting for this for a while! Sweet! Thanks for hooking us up with a challenge!

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2010, 07:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.