PDA

View Full Version : error with script controller

Hobbs
02-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Hey guys,

Every so often when loading one of our files, we get an

>> MAXScript Script Controller Exception: -- Unknown system exception <<

the problem is, it doesn't tell us anymore then that, no brower pop up, no script pointed to, nothing.

So it pretty much makes it, with our current know-how, impossible to debug/locate where the problem is.

Is there anything we can do to find this mystery exception?

Thanks

Mathieson
02-12-2010, 12:49 AM
I used to get this sometimes, so its possible you're running into the same thing I am. There is a known bug with getting unknown system exceptions from caDefs using 64-bit versions of Max. In my script controllers, I would be calling a property from the caDef through the script controller, and it is what was causing the system exception. Using 32-bit Max is the only current work-around for this.

If you are not doing this in the script controller, then I'm not sure what it could be.

Hobbs
02-12-2010, 03:05 PM
We think we have it nailed down to xref's or perhaps one of our extended shaders. I can't post the code for obvious reasons, but do either of those 2 ring a bell for someone?

CGTalk Moderation
02-12-2010, 03:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.