PDA

View Full Version : Action List Suggestions

Splinter
02-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Hi everyone,

We are well in to the month of February and have already miss a ton of valuable time to work on this month's challenge. So what I have decided is to knock some heads together and try to come up with a list of 5 actions that we could try and create for the rest of this month. I will come back and see what we have come up with tonight and hopefully have something posted for us to work on by tomorrow morning. (GMT -7) Mountain Time

If you have any ideas please post them here.

Suggestions: Jump, Run, Walk, Shocked Reaction, Fall, Cry, Etc....

Anything that can be acted out and understood right away.

MrMike
02-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Glad to see you back Splinter.

So do you mean like action poses that we do?

I have seen Animation Mentor do some of this stuff if thats what you mean?

Or do you mean like we all pick one of 5 actions to animate out?

ivanlancaster
02-12-2010, 02:45 AM
Good to see ya back here Splinter. Hope this month so far hasn't been too stressful with us nagging you!

@Mike, I think splinter is after some ideas for a smaller, simpler animation exercise we can do, considering that we are already a third the way into the month.

Some ideas
- walks: character/attitude walk, sneak, doublebounce, run, skip
- takes/quick changes in emotion: big surprise, horror, shock, happiness, glee, love
- gymnastics: flip, cartwheel, back walkover, butterfly kick

Splinter
02-12-2010, 03:21 AM
Thank you guys for being patient with me. I have had some snags in the month but I think everything will be back to normal real soon.

ivanlancaster you hit the nail right on the head. That is exactly what I was looking for with this month's topic. Just come up with some really quick action like you did. In the morning I should have a feel for which ones feel the most appropriate and I will post the new Challenge right away that way we can get working on the new challenge.

Five of the suggestions will be selected that way the choices will be limited and it will be easier to compare our results, and come up with our favorites at the end of the month. I'm thinking that all entrants will have to try to come up with at least 3 of the 5 actions that are selected in order to be considered a completed challenge. That should be enough of a challenge for us with only 2/3 of the month left.

CGTalk Moderation
02-12-2010, 03:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.