PDA

View Full Version : compositing construction meshes

cgquestions
02-11-2010, 04:36 PM
hi guys, my question is here to know how the construction scene done in maya ( 3d ) . like here is a link of prime focus reel -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tLqklQUAW4 . in the video see at 1.54 min.
meshes are building fast itself. you all have watched many reels having bridge , houses, interiors and exteriors building making scene , how they can be done or composite ? any tutorial ? link or your suggestions ?

thank you for your time.

mister3d
02-12-2010, 12:14 AM
I think just animated meshes within the 3d program.

jtvergarav
03-07-2010, 02:25 AM
Yep, Alexander's way might be the most viable

We've done a lot of those and all are within the 3d program. Scaling, placing pivot points in corners, etc

cgquestions
03-07-2010, 09:41 AM
but i can't exactly understand practically how to do it.. any idea ? or tutorial ?

scrimski
03-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Looks like extensive use of the slice modifier(tool in 3ds Max).
The slice modifier basically cuts off the object on a given slice plane. No idea how to do son in Maya though

jtvergarav
03-07-2010, 02:24 PM
You could also use booleans, but that's another way.

There is no big secret or technique in the way we did it at least. In some we separated the faces within one geometry. You just plan the order you want your things to "build" and you do it manually, one after the another. Yes, it will take some time to do :D

the problem with that is that if you need to make big changes, it is nothing like procedural at all, so you'd be pretty much ****ed up. Bit it usually ends looking nice

mackdadd
03-09-2010, 11:46 PM
You could also do it in Max with a Select Mesh modifier and a Delete modifier. Just animate the Select mesh.

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2010, 11:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.