PDA

View Full Version : how can I export sequence from Premiere CS4 2after effects CS3,without quality loss?

UGG
02-11-2010, 01:14 PM
-I have to export my edited sequence from premiere pro cs4 to after effects cs3, to add some wiggle effects,
-my orginal renderd animation from maya was 1024 x 576,
-which i imported into after effects at that image size of 1024x576 & added some effects.
- i then imported clips to premiere to sequence settings of 720 x 576 d1/ dv pal widescreen ( 1.4587)
(would of liked to have kept the same image size of 1024x576 for sequence, but could not change image size settings, so thought these settings would be most common)
-I now want to export project back to after effects at original resolution size of 1024 x 576 after editing, to add final effects but concernd about losing quality?
- have tried to open premiere project in after effects but get aegp plugin error code
- when media is exported to encore the export settings source reads 720w x 576h
- & if i change the output to 1024 x 576 uncompressed microsoft avi will this lose quality when impoted back into after effects?
- idealy id like to reopen the premiere sequence in after effects without rendering, (only thing is the sequence settings are 720 x 576 d1/ dv pal)
- have read that lagarith is a lossles way of rendering sequences, should i have started the project in pemiere with a higher setting resolution like mpeg 2?
so the quality isnt lost when rendering, but then sizing up from 1024 x576 would lose quality too, was told sizing down is always less problamatic,
sorry im new to all these size settings & im confusing myself....... help!

scrimski
02-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Go uncompressed, either video or file sequence.

would of liked to have kept the same image size of 1024x576 for sequence, but could not change image size settings, so thought these settings would be most commonThere aren't just common, they are broadcasting standards.
so the quality isnt lost when rendering, but then sizing up from 1024 x576 would lose quality too, Depends how much you scale up. To 720p it won't be much noticable, the more anything beyond the more jagged edges and artefact you will see..

suztv
02-11-2010, 05:45 PM
How about using the lower res as a "proxy" to create your effects with. Of course create your comp at the size the original image or sequence was at. Turn off the proxy layer once you are done and render out the effects as an image sequence or mov with alpha (straight matte - NOT premultiplied). Then bring that "effects" sequence into Premiere and place it on top of your original sequence. This way when you export out of Premiere there will be no quality loss.

One thing about Premiere that I hate is it's inability to change the sequence size and aspect ratio easily. You can but it is confusing and half of the time I give up and go straight into AfterEffects (especially if the video edits are simple).

Hope that helps.

danielHinton
02-11-2010, 09:59 PM
One thing about Premiere that I hate is it's inability to change the sequence size and aspect ratio easily.

Good god I thought I was the only one with that problem. It is incredibly frustrating.

CaptainJack1024
02-12-2010, 12:47 AM
(I keep hoping that Adobe will take the best stuff from Premiere, maybe one or two things from Photoshop and Illustrator and the rest of the CS grab bag, put it all in After Effects, and let us all use one app instead of a suite. Maybe someday...)

For using AVI as your transport method, I like the Lagarith codec. It compresses the data without losing anything (as most codecs do) it supports an alpha channel, and it's free. When I'm moving data between AE and PP, that's what I use.

UGG
02-16-2010, 02:40 PM
How about using the lower res as a "proxy" to create your effects with. Of course create your comp at the size the original image or sequence was at.
thank u very much for the advice, have never heard of proxy layers, will have to look into it, would this still work even with a wiggle effect on the camera in after effects, when imported into premiere?
also when you say keep comp at original size, im rendering my comp at 720 x 576 in premiere, then exporting to aftereffects, then increasing size to 1024 x 576 ( which was original image size in after effects) your saying this is ok? it will not lose quality?
thought i was being stupid when i came to premiere & couldnt change the comp to the size i wanted, glad im not the only 1 too :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2010, 02:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.