PDA

View Full Version : Best school in the UK for a Masters in Game Art

Fountainhead
02-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Hi,
I have offers from Univerity of Teesside (M.A Environment Art) and University of Abertay Dundee (Msc.Game Art and Animation).
As I am a Texture artist,I was keen on Teesside as the course is closest to what I want to study..but then I read some bad reviews on forums about the University and the course which has got me confused..
I know Abertay Dundee has the best courses in game programming in the Uk. But I dont have any idea about the Game Art course.

Could someone please let me know about these Universities and which one would be a better option to invest a year( 15 months in case of Abertay) and substantial amount of money in.

Thanks

leigh
02-12-2010, 05:18 PM
If you want to do texturing, study photography, Photoshop and painting instead.

PhoenixFlame
02-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Hi

I'm a current student at Teesside University doing MA Game Art (Character). I would really recommend it to be honest. It is very self taught (just to warn you) but isn't as general as most Games MAs. You would be just focussing on modeling and texturing. The facilities are great and as long as you put the time in yourself I feel you can learn from the experience.

Also we have the Animex festival where professional artists etc from industry (Pixar, Disney, Dreamworks) come and give talks which is great!

As to bad reviews, where did you read them and what did they say? I'll let you know what I think about the comments.

I can tell you more about the course if you want any more info! :D

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2010, 11:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.