PDA

View Full Version : [Student Work] Kaneda's Bike

Simsar
02-05-2010, 01:45 AM
For better or worse, this is one of my projects I worked on last year for game modeling. It's a small 2500 polygons but I'm looking to improve upon it.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/239/akiraqc.jpg

I would like to get a darker paint scheme, dirty it up a bit, add a normal map for the cuts and scrapes and redo the tires. The sketches for the bike tend to be rather plain which leads to a lot of extrapolations.

greevar
02-05-2010, 11:33 PM
I like the concept. I might suggest reducing the number polys used in the front wheel hub so you can round out the tires a bit more. Nice bike though!

Zenderquai
02-26-2010, 11:45 PM
:) - I love this... it's an excellent PS2 asset, just brilliant..

It looks like you're almost wasting a good amount of your poly budget on the seat cushions..

I'd argue that a well-prepared texture is all you'd need.. after all, those edge-loops don't really contribute to the silhouette of the model

it'd be great to see without the shaded wireframe view..
and a UV, would be good to see, too

top notch!

Katzenminze
03-24-2010, 09:34 AM
hi, like your model so far.

but as already been said, you have a contrast of resolution especially in the tires vs the hub. this shouldnt happen because its a dead give away of cg graphics. id say if you have a contrast switch it around so that the tires receive more polys, i mean they contribute a big deal to the bike's silhouette.
also check for likeness, especially in the cocpit some of youre measurements might be fof a bit (look where things connect/round off etc) also check your edge smoothing, you need to make sure you have hard edges (faceting/split vertices) and soft edgeswhere needed. but its looking cool already, you can do a lot with textures i think :) give it some blood spladders on the windshield, maybe a crack as if kaneda drove over somebody or so.

CGTalk Moderation
03-24-2010, 09:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.