PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel Question

Mitsu50
02-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Hi all,

I've compiled a reel with adobe after effects, and saved it as a quciktime file. My project size is 1280x720, and i saved the .mov file as the same. It looks great. Problem is when i use any program to convert to avi, and then to dvd format (what i need to submit to this company) the quality goes to ccrap. i have been trying this for days with no luck. I tried to save it out of AE as avi, but i does not look as good as QT.

How do u all setup up your reels for dvd format? thanks in advance.

scrimski
02-04-2010, 05:16 PM
I tried to save it out of AE as avi, but i does not look as good as QT.Render uncompressed, not from a quicktime, but straight out of the comp, then encode for DVD.

CaptainJack1024
02-07-2010, 01:35 AM
Also, if space is an issue, there are AVI codecs that reduce the image size without throwing away any of the data. I use the Lagarith codec (it's free, nice bonus) all the time for transporting video between projects or over to my DVD encoding software. That one also supports a transparency channel which is helpful. Gives you the advantage of uncompressed quality without all the disk usage.

CGTalk Moderation
02-07-2010, 01:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.