PDA

View Full Version : From Concept to Reality Series on 3D Coat

kurv
02-04-2010, 03:32 AM
Attend one of L.J. Bamforth's classes and win a Intuos4 Small Tablet, read below.

From Concept to Reality Series: by L.J. Bamforth
In this three part series from L.J. Bamforth on 3D Coat Leigh will show you how to sculpt, retopologize and texture a Avatar style creature, the Banshee.

The first video will cover creating a creature from concept to full detailed sculpt. Leigh will use as many 3D Coat tools as possible to demonstrate the power of the tools in 3D Coat.

Class two will go into retopology of the creature. Again, Leigh will use as many tools as possible demonstrating each tools strengths and weaknesses and when to use them.

Lastly, Leigh's third class will cover texturing in 3D Coat and even the new PTex tools in 3D Coat Beta 3.22. We are very excited abouot this section as the new PTex tools alone are worthy of the $19.95 price tag but Leigh will cover so much more.

PRICING:
Each class is $19.95 and will be a minimum of 2 hours long. Attendees will receive a free download of the class when the material is edited and ready for retail release.

Concept, Sculpting - Register and Pay Here (https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/684537098)
Retopology - Register and Pay Here (https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/180526803)
Texturing (PTex covered) - Register and Pay Here (https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/111729010)

PRIZES:
We are giving away a Intuos4 Small Tablet
One lucky person of this series will win a new intuos4 small tablet.

The small Intuos4 pen tablet is perfect for limited desktop areas or for those who want a highly portable, professional-level tablet that fits comfortably in a laptop bag. To achieve its compact size, the small size has two fewer ExpressKeys than all of the other sizes of Intuos4 pen tablets and no illuminated displays. Instead of the illuminated displays, a default ExpressKey function called "show settings" provides an on-screen image of the ExpressKey configuration.

More information on the prize can be found here (http://www.kurvstudios.com/custnews/NEWSLETTER.html).

HOW TO REGISTER:
1. Click on Register Now above and complete all information to register for the class. 2. Then you will be forwarded to PayPal to pay. Please pay for the class and we will get a confirmation of your payment. We will then approve your registration. 3. If you have any problems paying or the redirection does not work, use the Buy Now link above. 4. If you have any trouble, please email us here - Contact Us By registering for this class you will receive a free download of the publicly released edited video. This free download has a retail value of 39.95+

Roger Eberhart
02-04-2010, 05:21 AM
Sounds like a great series of classes. Too bad it's in the middle of the work week, otherwise I'd be signing up. I hope you'll be able release these for retail download soon after the webinars.

Als
02-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Is there way to buy all 3 in one go?

Als

kurv
02-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Sounds like a great series of classes. Too bad it's in the middle of the work week, otherwise I'd be signing up. I hope you'll be able release these for retail download soon after the webinars.

We will be rebroadcasting it at different times :)

kurv
02-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Is there way to buy all 3 in one go?

Als

As a DVD, yes sir...

kurv
02-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Wanted to make a quick edit and be sure everyone sees it :)

In the first video, Leigh will be using the most applicable sculpting tools :)

Also, here is a better reference image for you to drool over -

http://www.kurvstudios.com/images/newsletter/Banshee_Ref_02.jpg

Roger Eberhart
02-04-2010, 02:12 PM
We will be rebroadcasting it at different times :)

How will that work? Do we sign up for the classes at the current time in order to see the rebroadcasts? Or will there be a different sign up for the other times?

kurv
02-05-2010, 01:59 AM
How will that work? Do we sign up for the classes at the current time in order to see the rebroadcasts? Or will there be a different sign up for the other times?

We are scheduling rebroadcasts now... separate classes. What times are best for you Roger?

Roger Eberhart
02-05-2010, 04:20 AM
We are scheduling rebroadcasts now... separate classes. What times are best for you Roger?

For weeknights, 8-10pm PST or 9-11pm PST. For weekends, anytime between 9am and 10pm PST.

Kieguy
02-06-2010, 05:28 AM
By registering for this class you will receive a free download of the publicly released edited video. This free download has a retail value of 39.95+

I am drooling over that Banshee concept art and how it would look brought to 3D life.

I'm keen on getting into 3D Coat, looks like an amazing tool (especially for the price and the ongoing speed of development...PTex already in beta?!). Not sure right now about scheduling in certain times for live streams, more excited about an on-demand/downloads/DVD option.

Curious about your statement at the end re: the value of the downloadable "video"...is that "video" or "videos"?

i.e. is the $39.95 the estimated retail price for one of the three videos, or the entire set of 3 as a DVD (or download)? I suspect it is one of the three videos (as all 3 streamed = $60) but wanted to make sure.

Might the later retail release of the set of videos then be around $40 X 3 = $120? Or maybe its too soon to say...just curious.

Roger Eberhart
02-06-2010, 03:38 PM
I would expect the cost of the downloadable video to be less than the combined cost of the webinars. The advantage of the webinars is that you can ask questions. $40 for the entire series as a download sounds appropriate.

dnashj33
02-19-2010, 10:28 PM
I would expect the cost of the downloadable video to be less than the combined cost of the webinars. The advantage of the webinars is that you can ask questions. $40 for the entire series as a download sounds appropriate.No...the advantage of the webinars is nill, IMHO. People can ask questions on the forums.

I personally don't like the whole Webinar structure. I can see where it benefits the host, but not those interested in the training. I'd much rather have a Download DVD format or something like a subscription service like Digitial Tutors moved to...and lynda.com has been doing for years. This way I can train at MY leisure...not at Kurv Studio's.

What I think is really going on is this is Kurv's way of trying to mitigate piracy. Can't blame them for wanting to protect their property, but there are better ways to do this. Folks who mess with Pirated copies aren't going to attend or buy a DVD, no matter what steps you take...so, by forcing the PAYING customer to jump through all these hoops for the sake of those folks, is wrong-headed, in my book. I've bought a number of titles from Kurv, and I really don't like this approach. It would not be an issue if there were a download purchase available EVERY TIME, on schedule, within a 24-48 hr period following the webinar. Right now, you have now way of knowing when Kurv is going to get it together and release the stuff. There is no clear path on their website to purchase past training sessions. So, my beef really isn't so much against the webinars themselves, it's just KURV never seems to have their act together, in offering the download version that most want in the first place

kurv
02-20-2010, 04:02 AM
I would expect the cost of the downloadable video to be less than the combined cost of the webinars. The advantage of the webinars is that you can ask questions. $40 for the entire series as a download sounds appropriate.

The other advantage is you do get a download of the class you attended after we edit the class. Recently we have been doing a LOT of classes so edit times are longer. If you would rather wait and pay for the DVD later, we are turning all of these into DVD's as well.

Your choice. :D

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2010, 04:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.