PDA

View Full Version : nCloth and Rig

CKPinson
02-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Curious about using nCloth to control and T-shirt and OverCoat- I have my character rigged and tried applying nCloth to the clothing and Collider to the character but when I key a movement my clothing follows the movement then rips or falls off the arm but not the entire body- the shoulders stay in place fine. So should I just apply the rig to the clothing as well then use blendshapes or is there a way to get the nCloth to react properly? I like the results with the nCloth. Can't provide images because I'm not at home on my computer. Maybe a constraint to the sleeve and wrist but that might result in a less than natural look I would assume?

CKPinson
02-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Solved- adjusted scene scale to Meters, added edge loops to long retangular spans (sleeve areas), added a few more constraints: Slide, Force Field and Point to surface- after that got my cloth to follow character better and adjusted the thickness on all objects and also added more iterations and substeps which also made playback smoother/faster.

tpalamar
02-03-2010, 07:19 PM
There is definetely a way to make your nCloth work. It could be failing for numerous reasons. Your geometry is key, so some images of the wireframe will be great. Some other things that could go wrong is the space scale or the speed at which your character is moving. You might have to increase your sampling. Again could be lots of stuff.

tpalamar
02-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Cool, good job. I type too slow and you beat me.

CGTalk Moderation
02-03-2010, 07:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.