PDA

View Full Version : Nuke'Em a Max to Nuke Exporter v2.8

thatoneguy
02-03-2010, 04:43 PM
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n134/im_thatoneguy/NukeEm2-8-3.gif

Just paste the output straight into the DAG and have all of your nodes ready to go.

Export Cameras, Objects, Animated Objects and Helper Objects.
Automatically bring in diffuse and opacity colors/map.
Creates Nuke Script automatically.
Output Chan files.
Output Custom Frame Ranges for Transform or OBJ Sequences.

Features left to do:
Add Bitmap Offset and Tiling.
Add Scale Animation.
Add FBX Support.
Add Per Object Output Settings.
Single Object Utility buttons (export a single object in one click).
Add multiple Transform and Rotation orderings. (Implemented but unreliable).
Object Creation in Max from Chan files.
VRay Camera Support (need someone with VRay to help me with this one).

v2.8.2 released. Fixes some bugs. Less likely to fail. ?Adds support for Max 9 and lower with AVGuard pack installed?(untested).

v2.8.3 released. Fixes B2 camera problem and a file path crash.
http://www.creativecrash.com/3dsmax/downloads/applications/3d-converters/c/nuke-em

thatoneguy
02-03-2010, 04:45 PM
If someone wants to tackle something on the to-do list please email me. I would be happy to share some of the load on making it as full featured as possible.

mackabiemoss
02-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Thank you sooo much.

GraphiCat
02-03-2010, 07:21 PM
thanks, i ve been using it and is really nice..since nuke has now a 3d tracker, is there any way i can export the tracked camera information back into a 3ds max camera?

thanks a lot for the plug in !

thatoneguy
02-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Not yet. I would need to write a chan file importer. Definitely on the to-do list.

GraphiCat
02-03-2010, 07:25 PM
thanks for the reply..yes that would be great, i ve been playing with nuke 3d tracker and i think that would be a nice feature to have, thanks again for the plug in, is good to know that there are people making better 3d max-nuke workflow and not just maya-nuke

Mrbonbon
02-04-2010, 01:47 AM
thanks you so much for the community
great script

SuperRune
02-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks for sharing this Gavin, I will definitely put it to good use.

I tried to write an exporter to transfer the tracked camera from Nuke to 3ds Max, but I bumped into two problems: - My math skills aren't good enough to tackle the conversion of rotation data from the Nuke camera to the 3ds Max camera. - And I found it was difficult to use it the camera data sensibly or to check how accurate the track is without being able to export the point cloud as well! It seems to be no way to access the Nuke point cloud data. Or perhaps I'm wrong?

mickatt
02-05-2010, 01:37 PM
thanks a lot for sharing this useful tool

suki
02-08-2010, 03:54 PM
in case you have not found a solution yet, the max2nuke script supports import of chanfiles from nuke

SuperRune
02-20-2010, 07:10 AM
Gavin, it would be great if the script could support FOV animation as well. I'm trying to modify your script to do it, but it's always hard looking at other people's code, even when it's as clean as yours are...

Dmaxer
02-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Great script thanks very much :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2010, 03:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.