PDA

View Full Version : ac3d anyone ?

DeathBrain
08-29-2003, 05:16 PM
Does anyone tried ac3d tools ? http://www.ac3d.org/ ?
really cool stuff game modeling...:thumbsup:

dead_eye
08-30-2003, 05:04 AM
*am trying it out right now...

OK, since I own Lightwave there's really little reason to use AC3D but it may be good for those High School students who want to get into video game modeling yet don't have the money to get Lightwave. But at $25, Milkshape 3D already owns this market :P.

Some things I didn't like about AC3D were not being able to select polygons in the perspective view, and selecting polygons in the orthographic views was quiet odd. No drag tool. Beveling was automatic and not select, bevel, then drag. Bah, nevermind my ramblings... I'm a spoiled Lightwaver :scream: .

RogerRoger
08-30-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by dead_eye
*am trying it out right now...

OK, since I own Lightwave there's really little reason to use AC3D but it may be good for those High School students who want to get into video game modeling yet don't have the money to get Lightwave. But at $25, Milkshape 3D already owns this market :P.

AC3D also runs on Linux and is used for flight simulators and other games - on Linux and Windows. There are games development teams that use AC3D and there are plugins that make AC3D save and load Milkshape files - some use both programs for model development.

[i]Some things I didn't like about AC3D were not being able to select polygons in the perspective view, and selecting polygons in the orthographic views was quiet odd. No drag tool. Beveling was automatic and not select, bevel, then drag. Bah, nevermind my ramblings... I'm a spoiled Lightwaver :scream: . [/B]

It's not lightwave but it's only $50 :) . Hold down the control key to select in the 3D window.

dead_eye
08-30-2003, 08:06 AM
LOL, cool, Ctrl + LMB worked. Will check it out some more a little later. It's a nice little app, the left hand control bar reminds me of 3DSMax :p..

DeathBrain
08-30-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by dead_eye
It's a nice little app, the left hand control bar reminds me of 3DSMax :p..
hehe...I told ya..it was great for game modeling tools, especially texturing, has fast OpenGL engine and lots of export import format for game programming models :thumbsup:
But yes, it doesn't have sucha great polygonal tools like LW or MAX :sad:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.