PDA

View Full Version : mia_material glass + nparticle fluid

davidcapi
02-02-2010, 02:53 AM
I'm doing a glass containing liquid and i need the liquid to interact with some geometry thats gonna be inside the glass. I thought about using the mental ray mia_material with the thick glass preset, results are just ok. Then the liquid is simulated with nparticles, water mode. Proper setting are taken care of so that the particles will rest inside the glass. So far so good, problem is that while rendering with production quality, the particles are not being shown thru the glass, a render from a top view will show the particles but when the glass is in front of the particles they are not rendered. I enabled the "Visible in refractions" under render stats for the particle system but still no luck. A simple cilinder with the same material as the glass is rendered fine but not the particles. Any help on getting this worked around? suggestions? thx

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2010, 02:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.