PDA

View Full Version : AE Options for pixel vetor Motion Blur from 3D packages.

sconlogue
02-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Hi There,

I am aware of RSMB Pro and it's handling of Vector based MB (I am testing it out right now). But I wondered if there is any other plug-in out there? It doesn't look like RSMB has been updated in some time which always makes me wary, beside the vector based results haven't been amazing. So I thought before putting my money down on RSMB I would see if anyone has been using something else, or alternative work flow. Any thoughts or experiences would be great! Thanks.

BTW I have Combustion which has Vector based MB built via RPF or 3D Buffer builder but it is dog slow and seems unstable. So far RSMB has been fast but that results aren't getting me too excited.

Pongoloid!
02-16-2010, 05:41 PM
RSMB is the only AE plugin I know of that does this and I get great results with it. What's your workflow?

sconlogue
02-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Hey Pongoloid,

In the end I purchased a license of RSMB. In the end I was able to get really great results with it, just took some getting used to. As far as work flow, I normally use RSMB on a solid at the top of the comp and make it an adjustment layer. One thing I haven't figured out yet though is how to get Vector based MB to work with Lens blur. In other words blurring with RSMB using vectors then applying lens blur via a zdepth sequence isn't looking right. Now that I am thinking about it, perhaps I should just apply RSMB to the zdepth layer so it is preblurred before using lens blur on it. Hmmm.. I'll have to try that.

reForm
02-24-2010, 11:50 AM
You dont want to motionblur the z-depth layer as the changing of grey tones will change the depth!
You need to dofblur your beauty layer, and dofblur your velocity layer. Then apply motionblur. That should get you the result you're after.

sconlogue
02-24-2010, 01:30 PM
So pre-comp the beauty pass depth+ lens blur. Apply the same lens blur to motion vector then feed that to RSMB. Makes sense. Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2010, 01:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.