PDA

View Full Version : My Site WIP Be Gentle

scottiedoo
08-29-2003, 08:57 AM
Hey, this is my first shot at a flash site I have been working on.. I am mostly finishing up the mechanics of it and then going back and make things more fancy. I thought Iwould share and see if you guys have any cool ideas to really make this flash original.

So let me know what you think, be gentle because its' my first go at this.. I already have plans for the next revision.

http://www.depthofthought.com

marchermann
08-29-2003, 10:52 AM
OK, I try to be gentle. Hope it works ;)

* I like the background image, and I like the way the "content area" integrates with the background.

* I find the spinning icons rather arbitrary. What does a cube have to do with a portfolio? And after a while, the constant motion gets irritating and annoying. Also I wouldn't add the section titles just as mouseovers but have them on all the time.

* I prefer sites, where I jump from section to section without haveing to move back to the mainmenu.

* And finally: Is flash really necessary in this case? I now it's easy, no HTML, and fun to do. But unless you're doing something really clever, the site will be harder to update and maintain.
At the moment, flash is being used in your site for - in my view - gratuitous animations and for transitions between sections.
Making an all flash site that is both an art and a science and requires a LOT of thought and skills to keep it managable.

Hope that wasn't too harsh.

Marc

lala7
08-29-2003, 12:52 PM
not bad not bad.. did you used " easing " in the animations/tweens ?.. makes it run much more smooth..
make more dept on the beginning of the tunnel now it looks to thin , add some more shadow on that borders....
waiting to see how it looks with the content ...

it looks .. ok, not exciting yet...

Glowfinger
08-29-2003, 06:39 PM
Okay. You need to work on the spinning logo's their actually a bit rubbish. The background image is double cool. The transitions are average at best. I hope, I haven't been too brutal but when I launch mine be ready to your most cutting critique. Try and stay a bit more in the style of the background and maybe up your frame rate to make it look a bit smoother. Peace Out P.S the loader bar good.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.