PDA

View Full Version : Mirroring UV's

DBriggs
01-31-2010, 07:51 PM
So I am working on a character model and I finished my low poly. The low poly is cut exactly in half and I want to symmetry my geometry over, as well as my UV's. So When I use the symmetry modifier in 3ds max, the model copies over clean, and the UV's paste on top of the original half.

I then export this model to Zbrush to start doing my high poly.

I did some quick Zbrush normal export tests to make sure everything was working fine and they are not.

I have two problems:
1: There is a seam going through the center of my model, smoothing groups do not fix it.

2: !! MAIN PROBLEM !! My normal map projection does not go perfectly over my UV map. This is right on the edge between the symmetry. Meaning there should be normals projected on this area, but it is just flat 128,128, 256(RGB)

This is hard to explain so I hope I am getting my problem across clearly. Basically the row of polygons closest to my symmetry does not have any normals when I export from Zbrush. This is mainly in the face area of my character.

Is there something I should be considering when doing symmetry on a model? Has anyone else run into this problem?

I appreciate any help,

Thank you!

-DBriggs

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2010, 07:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.