PDA

View Full Version : rendering in messiah

pelos
08-29-2003, 09:08 AM
messiah:studio 1.5 Official Release Version SHIPPING AUGUST 30, 2003
messiah:animate 4.0 New Version SHIPPING AUGUST 8, 2003!

if i have a scene in lw i will be able to render in messiah?
the features looks very intersting.

Monty
08-29-2003, 10:35 AM
I would guess. Why dont you post the question in the messiah forum?

lmilton
08-29-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by pelos
messiah:studio 1.5 Official Release Version SHIPPING AUGUST 30, 2003
messiah:animate 4.0 New Version SHIPPING AUGUST 8, 2003!

if i have a scene in lw i will be able to render in messiah?
the features looks very intersting.

If you're asking if you'll be able to load up a lightwave scene and render, it really all depends on the contents of your scene. If you're using simple color, diffuse, & bump maps on your objects, you should get comparable output. You'll have to tweak your settings & lighting, of course.

But like I said, it all depends on the scene. If you can post a simple example of what you're trying to achieve, we would be able answer your questions in the proper context.

-lyle

pelos
08-31-2003, 11:21 AM
i dont have any especify scene, but if i dont like animating in messiah, or already have a animated scene in lw,
a character runing with bones, and texture maps, and some lights, (ok maybe not the light because diferent parameters, or values, (in lw can be 50$luminating, and the same amount of light in messiah can be 75%)) or other deformation?

gsuttor
09-01-2003, 12:27 AM
pelos wrote:
>
> "but if i dont like animating in messiah..."
>

hehehe... you funny man.

Geoff.

lmilton
09-01-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by pelos
i dont have any especify scene, but if i dont like animating in messiah, or already have a animated scene in lw,
a character runing with bones, and texture maps, and some lights, (ok maybe not the light because diferent parameters, or values, (in lw can be 50$luminating, and the same amount of light in messiah can be 75%)) or other deformation?

If you believe that you won't like animating in messiah, then it's not a good idea to make that purchase. Considering the fact that you won't be able to just load up a LW scene and have bones perform in messiah as they do in LW would be reason enough not to purchase, if that is truly your objective. You *will* have to rig/animate in messiah. At the very least, you'll have to modify the "setup".

In your case, it may be a good idea to either download the m:a 3.3 demo and/or wait until we post the 4.0 demo to determine if animating in messiah will be right for you.

Let me know if this is clear.

- lyle milton
- co-president
- pmG

pelos
09-02-2003, 04:54 AM
yes its clear,
i ask because all the rendering features look really intersting,

about animating in messiah, is because i havent use it
or having a lot of tutorials on the net, i donwnloaded the 3.3 version, as the tutorials, i know is specialy for animating =) but maybe a i still a little scare about the diferent way of workng, i am not use to it, i also looking forward te see what new!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.