PDA

View Full Version : Make 3D models realistic

Pavolve
01-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Hello everyone! :) How r u?

I want to know how to make 3D models maximum realistic when I compositing it with footage shooted on camera?

I'm use After Effect CS4 and Cinema 4D + boujou

scrimski
01-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Broad question. Eliminate everything that makes it look fake, starting by the actual mode over to lighting, textures and more

Pavolve
01-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Broad question. Eliminate everything that makes it look fake, starting by the actual mode over to lighting, textures and more

I see, but if you looking at this reel www.cinesite.com (http://www.cinesite.com) one of the scene is unreal trucks moving through desert. After that somebody adding some layers and it's looks very realistic!!!

but I don't understed what is the layers???? textures or some effects or what?

And can I ask you a privat question? Where you studied russian? :)

Fuxianer
02-12-2010, 05:37 PM
I general its all about analyzing the scene and its elements and applying the same attributes to your 3D render in the compositing process.
A good start is always matching the color temperature, contrast and luminance, isolate each color channel and match it properly.
Create some spill that integrates the 3D into the scene, each compositing software has different tools to do that, e.g. AE has the matte chocker, but some more might be needed if the scene has a lot of sun light or strong artificial lights at night time. Use lense flares that go over the top of your 3D and possibly dust and particles if they are part of the background plate.
Matching the shadows is important too, use some scene shadows as a guide for shapness and intensity. Often you see the overuse of Ambient Occlusion as they tend to look good but don't match reality, so be carefull with that.
Match depth of field and film grain as well as sharpness of the overall shot.
But each shot requires different methods so there is no save formular, what I wrote is just a guide line.
Hope that helps a bit.
F

scrimski
02-12-2010, 05:48 PM
but I don't understed what is the layers???? textures or some effects or what?Kind of. Google for 'multipass compositing', you will find some pointers for basic understanding.
And can I ask you a privat question? Where you studied russian? I was born in St.Petersburg and have a russian mother.

CGTalk Moderation
02-12-2010, 05:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.